Released 2003|© SHADY | © AFTERMATH | © INTERSCOPE
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
RECORDED | ENGINEERED BY LEOPOLDO LOPES
- Many Men (Wish Death)
- Back Down
- “Get Rich or Die Tryin'“ is the debut studio album by American rapper 50 Cent.
- After signing with Eminem, 50 Cent also worked heavily with Dr. Dre, with the duo acting as the album's executive producers, who worked to combine the gangsta rap and R&B combo prevalent in New York hip hop. Additional production is provided by Mike Elizondo, Sha Money XL, Denaun Porter, Rockwilder, Dirty Swift, Megahertz, and more.
ACCOLADES | CHARTS | CERTIFICATIONS
- Released a week in advance to combat bootlegging and internet leakage, “Get Rich or Die Tryin'“ debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, selling over 872,000 copies in its first week of sales.
- The album was ranked number one on the Billboard Year-End 2003 and received generally positive reviews from music critics.
- It was ranked by several publications as one of the best albums of the 2000s.
- In 2020, it was certified 9× Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- It was the best-selling album of 2003 in the US and was nominated for Best Rap Album at the 46th Grammy Awards.
- It won Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album at 2003 American Music Awards and Top Billboard 200 Album at the 2003 Billboard Music Awards.
- In 2020, Rolling Stone ranked the album number 280 on their updated 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list.